You want to test/try
before making a decision?
Make an appointment and come to visit us in our "Center of Excellence"
- you can then test and try all our storing products and benefit from our professional advice!
If a personal visit isn’t an option for you, we can also send you a consignment on approval
- for more information please read our GT&C’s
Lars Mlekusch (Soloist and Professor of Saxophone at the Konservatorium Wien University):
“The Lars Mlekusch-mouthpieces from NICK get really close to my concept of what the ideal mouthpiece should be like. They produce a smooth, round and warm yet centred sound with a good projection, which also allows brilliant playing. Although the mouthpieces are optimized for the combination with Légère synthetic reeds, they can perfectly be played with traditional wooden reeds as well, e.g. Rico Reserve. That gives the players a maximum amount of flexibility. The response with a wide range of different possibilities of articulation is easy to control, the registers are equally balanced and also large intervals between different registers can be played smoothly even in legato – and I have never been able to control a pianissimo like that playing on any material before! Even in the high altissimo-register the mouthpiece has a great sound quality, especially in combination with the Légère reeds, which is something I have not experienced with any other mouthpieces yet."
SOUND SAMPLE from Lars Mlekusch
("The Angel of Despair II", Hiroyuki Itho)
"Whenever I give lessons, the LM-mouthpieces in combination with synthetic reeds enables me to draw my attention just on the work with my students. Otherwise I was very often distracted because of troubles with my own material, but not anymore. Being able to work with my students on musical, tonal and technical details highly concentrated (because the material is always ready to play) feels great."
"The material gives me a lot of security when performing in concerts which is really liberating and inspires me to interpret a piece of music freshly and adventurous.”
Denisov Sonata / Jazz Trio
You don’t know which model might be suitable for your playing manner?
Get in touch with us, we’ll be happy to advise you!
Sometimes it just takes a little bit of information on your current set up to find out what is your ideal mouthpiece/reed combination... → CONTACT FORM ←
Many famous saxophonists worldwide already boughts mouthpieces out of our Lars Mlekusch Series, such as:
• Arno Bornkamp (Soloist and Professor at the Conservatory in Amsterdam as well as at the Université d’Eté Européenne in Gap)
• Christian Wirth (Soloist and Professor of Saxophone at the Conservatory 13eme de Paris)
• Frederik L. Hemke (Professor of Saxophone at Northwestern University of Chicago)
• James Bunte (Soloist with the Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra and Professor of Saxophone at the Cincinnati College-Conservatory)
• James Romain (Soloist and Professor of Saxophone at Drake University in Des Moines)
• Marcus Weiss (Soloist and Professor at the Conservatory in Basel)
• Masahito Sugihara (Assistant Professor at Morehead State University in Kentucky)
• Rick VanMatre (Adjunct Professor Emeritus of Jazz at the Cincinnati College-Conservatory)